January 16, 2010

1/4 of a century + 1 day

Yesterday was my 25th birthday.

For my 23rd birthday, I was 7 months pregnant with Liam. Gabe and I had celebrated a few days before my actual day, so when the 15th rolled around, I was home alone feeling very pregnant, miserable, and just plain sorry for myself. Not so this year.

My sister Molly, her husband Andres, and her circus partner, Rebecca, have all been here since Wednesday. We spent the day just hanging out around the house.

The biggest excitement for the day was when Liam pooped on the kitchen floor. Dahlia came along right behind him and ate it up. Yes, she ate his poop. By this point, I was running Liam to the bathroom so we could finish his business on the potty, but out popped another landmine and I stepped in it. We continued into the bathroom, leaving poop prints from my shoe the whole way. By the time we got there, he was done.

Yes, exciting.

Despite this incident, he's still doing fantastic with going on the potty, with only one other accident in the last 3 days! That is the best present Liam could have given me. That and the birthday poop story.

In the evening, my mom, Linda, and Ethan joined us for a yummy dinner of Thai food takeout from the Lor Orchid. My favorite!
There were some gifts:

Gabriel surprised me with a marble mortar and pestle set, wrapped in blueprints.
Molly gifted me with two beautiful maternity tops, and my mom helped fund our Ikea shopping trip coming up in a couple weeks (more on that later...).
Since my mom's birthday is next week, Molly brought something for her as well: a tool kit. As you can see, she's thrilled with it.

We finished up the evening with homemade mango sticky rice, drizzled with coconut sauce and toppped with coconut ice cream. Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.

And we watched Grey's Anatomy.

It was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, you young thing, you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! What a jerk of a neighbor I am! And I was even grateful last Sunday for the heads up in church about your upcoming birthday. I guess it made no nevermind to me afterall. Brother. Well, I'm glad to hear you had a fabulous day even without my help. ;) Happy birthday!!!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete