April 1, 2009

Monday

On Monday, Caleb and Owen spent the day with me and Liam. It was a last minute thing involving a sick regular sitter, so they spent 9-5 with us instead. It was a lot of fun (most of the time) and required extra creativity on my part.

How to spend time with 3 little boys:

-Get out the train set. Play, play some more, and then play again.

-Embrace snack time. Make it last as long as possible.

-Make a loaf of bread together, with the promise of getting to eat it in the afternoon.

-Wagon rides are always fun.

I know, none of the boys look particularly happy in this photo, but it was a bit tricky to get them all looking at me at the same time... They actually loved the tour of the backyard and neighborhood.

-Craft time:

I had Caleb and Owen draw pictures on squares of fabric, which they then watched me turn into little backpacks perfect for a favorite stuffed animal.

-Take full advantage of nap/quiet time.

-When all else fails, watch a bit of Planet Earth.

It was a good day. I felt oh-so-proud of myself for managing the potential chaos, but I was sure exhausted by the time I went to bed that night.

I'm not sure how Rochelle can do this everyday: two extra little ones in addition to Sage. There is lots of admiration coming from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment