April 15, 2009

If I had a hammer...

Liam's Grandpa and Grandma Hall gave him a hammer and ball set for Christmas. It's a great wooden toy, but I thought to myself that there is no way Liam will be able to use it in the near future because it takes a lot of force to get the balls through the holes.

But then Liam watched Caleb playing with it on Monday and gladly helped him restock the top with the balls over and over again. When Caleb left, Liam scooped up the hammer and proceeded to knock those balls through all on his own. He's been doing it pretty much non-stop ever since.

So, here's a video to gladly prove me wrong. You must watch it with this tune in your head since it's been ringing through mine:

"If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning. I'd hammer in the evening. All over this land. I'd hammer out danger. I'd hammer out a warning. I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters. All over this land"

No comments:

Post a Comment