July 30, 2009

If it gets him to eat some veggies...

Liam has been on a thorough and undiscriminating veggie strike for months now. Even the common kid-pleasers like potatoes, corn, and carrots earn a gag and a launch onto the floor. His diet is mainly consisting of bread, fruit, and cheese/yogurt. Maybe he'd rather live in France? I don't know, but I think I may have to check out Deceptively Delicious and work on incorporating pureed veggies into things he will eat.

In the meantime, he has another solution. If I let him help me cook, he gladly samples what we're making. Last night it was shredded zucchini (from the garden, of course).

But it sure made a mess...

Now if only he was as enthusiastic about the frittata we made with it...

1 comment:

  1. Deceptively Delicious is pretty good. I have a friend who used my copy and got her boy (who hates veggies) to eat lots of them without ever knowing it. Let me know if it works for Liam too.

    ReplyDelete